10 Habits Of Super Happy People
The winter blues can really get us down! The shorter days, longer nights, and cold weather can negatively impact our mood. Less sunlight has been shown to effect our circadian rhythm, which controls our brain activity, and hormone production. Being happy is a state of mind, and there are things that we can do to brighten up our days during the winter. Exercise, friends, and positive goal setting can really boost your mood, and can all be found right here at Balance Martial Arts!!
Here is a great article by Greg Silva for more tips on being happy!
1. Think of yourself less. To be interesting you need to be interested in others. C.S. Lewis said “Don’t think less of yourself as a person, but think of yourself less, focusing more on the betterment of yourself for the sake of those around you, rather than for your own ego.
2. Move beyond the small talk. Eleanor Roosevelt’s said “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people”
3. What you appreciate, appreciates. People who live with an attitude of gratitude are happy because their self talk creates positive thoughts and habits. Active appreciation fuels you with positive energy
4. Exercise. Happy people exercise, reduce stress and gain energy. “Martial Arts was the perfect exercise for me because it combined strengthening the body and mind.” Everyday you train is a great day that’s why you train every day.
5. Happy people live in the moment. They know how to be “present” and understand that “now” is the only time that is existing. Yesterday doesn’t exist. No need to worry about it. Things in the future may or many not happen. So now need to worry about it now.
6. Enjoy the process. When I had my Martial Arts School I talked about the importance of setting a long term goal of black belt. I also taught students to enjoy the journey. The important thing is to understand it’s the experiences created and obstacles you overcome that brings the joy. “If the summit were the real objective, mountain climbers would use helicopters.”
7. They do things now. This was the most common regret of all. When people realize that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honored even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realize, until they no longer have it.
8. Pick a skill and master it. Find something you excel in and master it. I chose martial arts and would do it all over again Being excellent at something develops high self esteem. I get asked if working so hard at something is stressful. I find martial arts is just the opposite, the rewards outweighed all the self discipline and occasional failures.
9. Align yourself with good friends with a positive outlook. You will find happiness when you watch and acknowledge others doing well and being happy. Once again fellow students and peers in the martial arts were my focus group. All great men and women developing as a team.
10. Keep out the bad seeds. If you want to grow a healthy garden you need to remove the weeds so the vegetables can grow. If you want a happy life don’t accept negative thoughts. One of my mentors Omar Periu taught me early about this. If someone would say something negative or I made negative observations I would wave my hands in front of me saying “bad seeds.” Your thoughts and self talk control your feelings, you feelings become your actions, your actions become your habits and your habits become your destiny. You are in control. Chose to be happy.
Please follow and like us: